Autor Tema: Comparativa entre Qanik y Seapearl de seabird  (Leído 2689 veces)

Desconectado Rajqui

• Marinero
  • Kayak: GREENLAND LC de TAHE .
Comparativa entre Qanik y Seapearl de seabird
« : 26 febrero, 2012, 15:31:34 pm »
Esto me han contestado los de seabirdesigns al preguntarle diferencias entre el Seapearl y el Qanik, muy interesante :                                                                                                                                 SeaBird Designs International .Ruskin Herman, Seapearl is a rather ordinary brit-influenced middle-of-the-road sea kayak, not very exciting but adaptable to most conditions and users.
Qanik on the other hand is a modern day version of the Illorsuit kayak – a much more specialized kayak with a lot more "personality", and therefore probably liked by many but maybe not all.

Since kayak design is about balancing different qualities to a suitable mix, it inevitably means that when one quality is focused on, other are downplayed.

Rolling: Both kayak are good at the most frequently attempted rolls, I see no difference there. But Qanik have an advantage in deck configuration, lending uplift in the last part of a roll – making tricky rolls easier (forward leaning and reverse rolls, hand rolls etc).
Surfing: I really do not know. But the older versions of Anas Acuta was a much appreciated surfing kayak, and Qanik have some similarities in hull design and volume distribution. Together with the exceptional maneuverability I guess that the honors goes to Qanik.

Over all I would say that Seapearl is a slightly better kayak for the beginner or inexperienced paddler (predictable manners and no quirks), but that Qanik will have more to offer the proficient paddler – the more you know about paddling, the more fun you can have in the Qanik.
But the difference is small. You could easily put a beginner in the Qanik, and he/she would feel safe and in control – and likewise, an experienced paddler may feel quite satisfied in the Seapearl as an all-round kayak, good at most things but superior at none.
« Última Modificación: 26 febrero, 2012, 16:05:33 pm por Rajqui »
GREENLAND STYLE

Desconectado Rajqui

• Marinero
Re:Comparativa entre Qanik y Seapearl de seabird
« Respuesta #1 : 26 febrero, 2012, 16:14:20 pm »
...pues no sé , creo que se confundieron y compararon no el seabird sino otro, porque éste no tiene nada de british desde mi punto de vista  .
GREENLAND STYLE

Desconectado Rajqui

• Marinero
Re:Comparativa entre Qanik y Seapearl de seabird
« Respuesta #2 : 26 febrero, 2012, 17:11:15 pm »
...creo que confundieron el seapearl con el northsea ...haberle puesto nombres más diferenciables !!
GREENLAND STYLE